BOLTSHARK cutter with groove
- These ultra-powerful cutters are used to easily cut metal wire, including hardened and tempered alloys, and other extruded metals. They are ergonomically designed to apply a maximum force, while being easy on the hands. Drop-forged from Premium Hard Plus carbon steel with induction hardened cutting edges, BoltShark cutter can cut through up to 6mm of soft metal wire, 4mm of hard steel, and 3.6mm of tempered piano wire or steel spring. In addition to wire, the Boltshark cutters will quickly and cleanly cut through 5mm diameter nails, screws and rivets. The included groove holds thicker wire in position, preventing it from rolling along the cutting edge as the jaws are tightened.
- drop forged from Premium Hard Plus carbon steel
- fully hardened to ~47HRc, with cutting edges induction hardened to ~64HRc
- finished with an anti-corrosive black coating and lightly oiled
- double-dipped plastic non-slip handles provide good ergonomic hand grip
- Engineered with a two-rivet joint, which uses a compound action to give increased cutting force with less effort.
- The strongest force needs to be applied at the start of the cut, when the handles are furthest apart. BoltShark cutters are designed with the handles tighter together allowing the maximum force to be applied from the very start of the cut.
- When cutting thicker diameter wire (over 2.5mm), there is a tendency for the wire to be pushed along the cutting edges as the jaws are tightened. The addition of a groove on the cutting edge holds the material safely in place, preventing this movement and allowing efficient, one-handed operation.
- Tests show that using grooved BoltShark cutters to cut 2mm piano wire requires only 33% of the force needed by traditional strong cutters.
- Central cutting edges leave a bevelled finish on both sides of the cut.
- The included groove holds thicker wire in position.
- For precise cutting of soft (up to 6 mm), hard (up to 4 mm) and piano wires (up to 3,6 mm).
- Easily cuts parts such as screws, nails, rivets, etc. up to 5 mm thickness.
DIN ISO 5743
More About Product
cutting capacity (10N=1kg)
* Images of products are symbolic. All dimensions are in mm, weight in grams.
Ergonomic handlesWith ergonomic handles and a specially designed grip, surface Unior pliers provide maximum comfort at work and high efficiency with minimum strain.
Surface protectionThe pliers are made of excellent steel with special improved composition. Several models come with additional chrome surface protection.
High precisionWith their perfect design and technological superiority, Unior pliers ensure a high precision hold in any instance of general or dedicated use.