More About Product
DIN EN IEC 60900 (VDE 0682-201):2019-04; EN IEC 60900:2018
- material: premium plus carbon steel
- drop forged, entirely hardened and tempered
- cutting edges induction hardened
- head polished
- surface finish: chrome plated according to ISO 1456:2009
- made according to standard ISO 5746 and EN IEC 60900
- handles are insulated with double layered - double coloured insulation for additional safety
- if second layer is visible, replace your insulated tool with a new one.
cutting capacity (10N=1kg)
* Images of products are symbolic. All dimensions are in mm, and weight in grams. All listed dimensions may vary in tolerance.
- Pliers should be oiled regularly. A drop of oil at the hinge will lengthen the tool life and assure easy operation.
- When cutting wire with pliers, you should always wear glasses or goggles.
- Don't use pliers for cutting hardened wire, unless specifically manufactured for this purpose.
- Don't expose pliers to excessive heat. This may ruin the tool.
- Don't use pliers as a hammer.
- Don't hammer on the handles. They may crack or break.
- Don't extend the length of plier handles to secure greater leverage.
- Don't use pliers on nuts or bolts. A wrench will do a better job and with less risk of damage to the fastener.
Questions & Answers
Are certified insulated tools made through a different procedure than non-certified insulated tools?The tools are made according to the same procedure.
Are insulated (VDE) tools considered as personal protective equipment (PPE)?According to EU regulations, VDE tools are not considered as PPE.
Is it possible to work with insulated pliers under electrical voltage?Yes, but only by professionals who follow safety requirements and use additional personal protective equipment.
Are the VDE tools only being sampled in series production?The high voltage test (at 10kV) is performed fully on each tool. Other tests are performed in accordance with the EN60900 standard.
Ultimate protectionUnior insulated VDE tools ensure ultimate protection even when used around live circuits with up to a 1000-volt potential. The utility of all tools is thoroughly verified by means of the impact strength, electrical, flame-retardancy, insulation adhesion and stamp tests, with each tool being tested individually.
High-quality steelInsulated wrenches, pliers, shears, screwdrivers and other tools for working with electrical and other power installations are made of high-quality tool steel with added protection, and designed for simple and safe use.
VDE regulationsVDE insulated and tested according to the VDE regulations, Unior tools for work in electrically live environments meet the requirements of the internationally acknowledged European EN IEC 60900 standard.